Monday, September 27, 2021

spoiled for choice

 


Last week I was writing here that when rock-and-roll burst forth in the 1960s, it was like a door had been opened -- today I read a comment on a Beatles article in The Guardian:

"I was 13 when they changed the world from black and white to technicolour."


Two more Comments:

-------------- I remember walking to school, aged 9, and my friend Steve claimed he knew an even better band than the Beatles called The Hollies.  Probably 1964 if my memory serves me correct...


--------------- Back in 63-64 favourites were so transitory and one great song replaced another in the charts and radio playlists.  Possibly the Hollies' "Stay" had just come out and "Please Please Me" had finally dropped from number 1.  We were spoiled for choice.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment