Tuesday, March 8, 2011

show me the money

I was thinking about ways of making money.
People refer to "the bottom line."
How fast do you get to the bottom line?
What process do you use to get to
The Money?
Does a person go in with the idea of
Getting The Money?
Or does a person approach a project, or client, with the idea of
Doing A Great Job /
Offering a Great Product
and then the end result will be that --
the person (or people) will want to pay Money for their product or services?
----------------------------
It occurred to me, the extreme result of focusing too narrowly on
The Bottom Line
is -- the most direct thing there is, is robbery.
Get the Money!
(Thwack!) "Give me all your money right now."
A little bit illegal.
-------------------------
There's an old joke --
(that's one of my favorite opening lines):
There's an old joke:
Jack Benny's in an alley...
(Part of Jack Benny's comedic persona was, that he was parsimonious.
And cheap.)
...So, he's in an alley. Suddenly there's a gun to his head, and a guy behind him says tersely,
"Aw right -- your money or your life!"
[Silence]
"I said, your money or your life!!"
Jack Benny (nervously): "I'm thinking, I'm thinking!"

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment