Tuesday, April 26, 2011

long, long road

Last weekend, read about 3 / 4 way through On The Road, by Jack Kerouac.
Reading this, I can "hear" Bob Dylan, and also some of the dialogue, or similar-type phrases from the TV comedy, "Friends."
At first, thought that was weird, but then realized -- the type of person who would get hired to write for "Friends" would have read On The Road.
Some place, I saw a photograph of Jackie Kennedy on a plane, reading On The Road.
(The photograph of me would have had to be on my bed, or floor.)
---------------------------------

In "The New Yorker" online, a story about Donald Trump began, [quote]:
The Presidential candidacy as joke is a perennial sideshow along the raucous midway of the American political carnival. Sometimes the candidate -- Will Rogers (1928), Gracie Allen (1940), Pat Paulsen (1968 through 1996), Stephen Colbert (2008) -- is a fully qualified professional humorist.

Sometimes he, or it, is an animal ..." [end quote]
------------------------ This gave me an idea.
(ding!)
My Cat may possibly run for president.
I am going to ask him to consider it.
He cannot "toss his hat into the ring," as he does not have a hat.
But the next time he throws up a fur-ball, I may throw that in ... with his permission, of course.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment