Friday, January 27, 2012

secure the scene

Tired all week, now is Friday.
Want to
rest my hair,
and
watch the movie "Duplicity" and figure out what it is about.

(Playing it on TV in bedroom while in bathroom showering and getting ready for work has not provided clarity on the plot, or the point, of this movie.)

A quality assurance person at the place where I work said she never has a "list" of things to do, on the weekend.

I'm modeling that.

In my notebook on my desk outside kitchen, I don't even have a page marked "Saturday" or "Sunday" now. The next page after Friday is Monday, and during the weekend I can just set things on top of the notebook.

No list.

Oh, writing about this makes me remember an episode of "Friends" where Joey is re-reading The Shining, & when it gets too scary he puts it in the freezer.

Then he reads Little Women, on Rachel's recommendation, & when he's getting worried that Beth, who is very sick, might die and he's getting emotional, Rachel asks him, mom-like, "You wanna put the book in the freezer?"

I could put my notebook of Lists Of Things To Do -- in the freezer! Just for the weekend.

and
LOL
OMG

that makes me remember when I was in about fourth grade a girl at school gave me a book of scary / spooky stories, and they were too scary, really for children -- something about slime, I don't know -- and I took the book down into the basement and put it in a big box of stuff, way down at the bottom, so it was underneath all of the stuff.

And -- presumably -- couldn't ... --
I don't know...
get out...

ohmygosh, cannot stop laughing -- that is so weird; I can't believe I did that!

So I have options -- I can take my notebook of Lists of Stuff To Do and --
put it in the freezer, or
put it in basement box, under stuff in box, or --
set things on top of it.

Strategy. Method. The art of war.
Or -- security. Like, protecting yourself from your own lists and all that they represent.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment