Monday, December 11, 2017

are they coming for our Social Security money?


If Americans -- and perhaps humans in general -- must have a "common enemy" to work against, since we no longer have the Soviet Union 



or, let's face it, China, then let our Common Enemy be -- The Big Four:

Meanness
Lack of substantial information
Pollution
Natural disasters

     How about that?  I think that could work.

________________________________

Current weird sex-harassment Peppering-Of-News-Stories:

Garrison Keillor??

Some "coast-y" commentator (west- or east-coast based) said getting fired by Minnesota Public Radio is like having your library card revoked....

Matt Lauer.

Very familiar name, to me, but I don't think I've ever seen his show.

Watched a video on You Tube of him walking -- I thought he was a shorter person; but then read that he is 5-foot 11.  I guess when I watch someone on a stage, or in a video, I cannot tell how tall they are, for some reason.


Reader Comments, The Washington Post

~    I was feeling sympathetic for Mr Lauer, then I recalled the severely mean interview he gave Mrs Clinton while she was running and his very soft ball interview with Mr Trump.  Corporate hack, that's what he was.

~    A very well compensated corporate hack.

(Many Commenters even more offended by Lauer's annual $25 million salary, for reading from a teleprompter and chit-chatting, than by the other stuff....)

M. Siegel
~    He should have been fired years ago for being terrible at his job.


~    The junk food news story of the day.  Yes, I admit I like junk food like everyone else.  Meanwhile back to the broccoli...I mean the massively unfair tax cut slithering its way through the senate.


Not him
~    It's been an open secret for years that Matt Lauer is a terrible person.



----------------------
Then there's the Commenter who tries to explain workplace harassment in terms some men can maybe more easily understand:

~    OK guys, indulge me here a moment:
Imagine your boss comes up to you with a smile and handshake that suddenly turns into a nasty look and a fist in your face.  

He mutters so only you can hear that he hates you and is planning on beating the tar out of you.  

You think it may have been a weird joke so you ignore it, even though it makes you feel very confused and disturbed.  


But he continues to come up to you and "pats you on the back," AKA slaps you hard, and continues making threats under his breath.  How would that make you feel?  Could you get your work done?  Would you want out of that situation?  Would you tell anyone, or worry people would not believe you, or think you are exaggerating?



(the Phone Solution)
~    I'd laugh.  Then I'd make it a point to keep my phone by me and every time he came around, I'd hit the record button.


pause2reflect
~    I'd put him on the floor, maybe bust his nose.  But not mess with his career.  At least, not unless that didn't resolve the matter once and for all.  That's me, though.  I have one of those awful Y chromosomes.  Men and women are different.


~    Sure, what's a little felony assault between coworkers?

~    You'd be fired and arrested.

(back to Matt Lauer)

Oran Oran
~    Money doesn't buy class.


Chris K
~    He no look so good.



-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment