Tuesday, January 7, 2020

darkness at the break of noon


"Assassination is the extreme form of censorship."

~ George Bernard Shaw





     There is a new Netflix movie that I want to discuss, but I have to wait until I know what I want to say about it, or think about it.

     One thing about Netflix, and I guess I've said this before -- they are like, "No censorship, so that means we can say or show whatever we want to."

     And then my question becomes, "But why do you want to show -- that ??!"

     (I'm telling you, if I watch one more series or movie on Netflix and have to see somebody throw up, I'm writin' a letter....)


     I'm against censorship, too -- but that doesn't mean we can't refrain from saying or showing ugly or gross stuff.

     You can tell a story without shock value.




     Some people like "Sons of Anarchy."  After hearing its action described to me, I think, "What would fans of that show think of "Dr. Foster" (from the BBC, but it's on Netflix) -- I got all consumed in the drama of that, but -- there are no eyes being gouged out...  

Sometimes the characters look sad or deeply worried or suspicious, and sometimes they get into a Lexus (Lexuses-?  Lexii-?) and drive away rather quickly.  
     Oooooooohh...

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment