Wednesday, February 17, 2021

well it's all right, everything'll work out fine...

 


A central point, for me, in recent events is this:


Donald Trump said in 2016 that if he didn't win the election, then that would mean that the election was "rigged."


And he said that again in 2020 -- If I don't win then it was "rigged."


Well, no.  That statement is an obvious trick.


It would be like someone from the Kansas City Chiefs saying, before the 2021 Super Bowl, "If we don't win, then the football game was rigged."


Or someone from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers saying before this year's Super Bowl "if we don't win it was rigged."


     A statement like that is just another version of the coin-flip joke, "Heads I win; tails you lose."


A person can say it, but it is clearly not true.


I can say I'm the Queen of England, but it will not be true.


("If I am not the Queen of England, then Buckingham Palace is rigged"...?)


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment