Friday, March 4, 2022

tramps like us

 


When I went to listen to the song "Born to Run" on You Tube, I wanted the album version.  There's a live version on there, and it's probably good in its own way, but I wanted the one that is imprinted in my brain, which is the album version.  The cover looks like above picture, & the one with good sound has 10M views.

(There's one with 4M views where the sound is over-modulated or something -- it sounds grating.  The 10M one is best sound for original album cut.)


That song is good.  I listened to it several times in a row, and one word kept coming into my mind:  operatic.

"Born to Run" has an operatic quality. 

Parts of the song get louder; parts get softer and the vocal attitude changes from serious to gentle, to musing and dreamy, to bold, determined, to desperate, to out-of-this-world exuberant.  Angry - thoughtful - yearning.

The song is a personal revolution in the form of musical notes.


Oh someday girl, I don't know when

We're gonna get to that place

Where we really wanna go and we'll walk in the sun

But 'til then, tramps like us

Baby, we were born to run


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment