Friday, September 22, 2023

♫ ♪ fine with me 'cause I've let it slide

 

a painting by Joni Mitchell



a painting by Tony Bennett



a painting by Bob Dylan



a painting by Grace Slick


_______________________


These four singers are painters, as well.  There might be a lot more singers and musicians who paint pictures -- these four just happen to be ones that I knew about.  Maybe those talents go together....


Tony Bennett:  known for such hit songs as 

"I Left My Heart in San Francisco"

"New York State of Mind" 

and

"I Get a Kick Out of You"


-- he was born in 1926, and passed away only two months ago, in July - three years short of being a hundred years old...

♫ ♪

I know what I'm needing

And I don't want to waste more time

I'm in a New York state of mind


It was so easy living day by day

Out of touch with the rhythm and blues

But now I need a little give and take

The New York Times, The Daily News


It comes down to reality...




-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment