Thursday, December 26, 2013

I'm going home - I'll take you - I have a car - I'll follow you


"Cherry -- make it two..."

In the movie Body Heat, I like the way the character Ned Racine orders things.

To the bartender:
"Bourbon, any kind, on the rocks..."

To the snow cone vendor:
"Cherry, make it two."

Kathleen Turner in the role of Matty Walker seems distant, and commanding; solemn, disillusioned.

As Ned Racine, William Hurt is the lord of understatement -- his lines are laid down deadpan, with unmatched diffidence.
"This is the only joint in Pinehaven."

Beneath the exteriors of both these characters waits desire, an implied challenge. ...

[excerpt - script] - I think I'll get out of here now.  I'm going home.

RACINE
I'll take you.

MATTY
I have a car.

-- I'll follow you.  I want to see the chimes.

-- You want to see the chimes.

-- I want to hear them.

(looks at him) -- That's all.  If I let you, then that's all.

-- I'm not looking for trouble.

[Body Heat, screenplay written by Lawrence Kasdan]

Bourbon any kind on the rocks

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment