Friday, June 6, 2014

sing a song, don't be long



1969


"Suite:  Judy Blue Eyes" --


>> a song on the album, Crosby, Stills & Nash; released as a single May 1969


>> played onstage at Woodstock, August 1969


>> Released as a single September 1969


This song seems to climb hills, run joyfully, ride a roller coaster, and turn cartwheels.  It's a unique space.  I read, that when CSN performed it at Woodstock it was the first time they had played it before a live audience.


It's gett - ing to the point --
Where I'm no fun -- anymore
I am sorry...





...Chestnut brown canary
Ruby throated sparrow
Sing a song, don't be long
Thrill me to the marrow


Voices of the angels
Ring around the moonlight
Asking me, said she's so free
How can you catch the sparrow?


Lacy, lilting lyrics, losing love lamenting
Change my life, make it right
Be my lady...


{Coda}


Que linda!  Me recuerda a Cuba
La reina de la Mar Caribe
Quiero solo visitarla alli
Y que triste que no puedo.  Vaya!
O Va!  O Va!


---------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------


2014


On "The Extraordinary, Simple Life," Lara Blair wrote two things which I wanted to put, here.


1.  Run my own race.


How many times has there been added stress to our lives because we incessantly look side to side during our jog to the metaphorical finish line?  The internet is a wonderful thing. 


You wouldn't be inside my head right now reading these thoughts if it ceased to exist.  Yet, there are far too many opportunities to jaunt over and see what Susie/Joe/The Joneses are up to on their site/blog/FB page.  Steven Furtick said it best: 


"We're comparing our behind-the-scenes to everyone else's highlight reel." 


Facebook is the ultimate breeding ground to manifest insecurity for me.  It was a total distraction, so I had to turn it off in order to run my own race.  Part of owning our own fantastically complicated, unique story is creating it without distraction from the cheap seats.


2.  Reel in positivity.


June is a month to really think before I speak.  There is so much negativity floating in our country's air.  I'm always surprised at the outright meanie pants folks on the web who use the guise of anonymous to crucify someone with their words. 


I'm shocked by how brutal the media is


with dissecting the lives of people trying to find their way.  I'm not a person who feels compelled to give my opinion on others' decisions and lifestyles...in fact, I was brought up to love and accept, which for the most part, I feel I do pretty well.  But, there is always that less-than-loving thing that can escape from my lips...


sometimes it's about the woman yelling at her child in line at the grocery store...sometimes it's the guy who's signaling to me in sign language as he cuts me off...and sometimes it's just quiet judgment as I watch people at a safe distance. 


I realize it's all the same...it's ugly and dark...not a place I'd like to dwell.  I will reel in positivity in the beginning of summer!  It's a good time for it.
-- written by Lara Blair
"The Extraordinary Simple Life"


-----------------------------
-----------------------------





Peace


Music


----------------------------------------
{song excerpts from "Suite:  Judy Blue eyes."  Written by Stephen Stills.  Single edit -- 4 minutes and 35 seconds.  Album version -- 7:28.  Label, Atlantic.}


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment