Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Lady Michelle Obama: shorts on vacation

The people in the media who fussed today about Mrs. Obama wearing shorts seemed so silly, and their non-conversation about this non-news non-event served as a reminder to me of why so many people say, "I never watch the news anymore."

Mrs. Obama was in Arizona.
In August.
On vacation.

The non-talk also reminded me of something I read in a biography about Jacqueline Kennedy; some people wrote letters to the White House to complain that Mrs. Kennedy wore a two-piece bathing suit while water-skiing.

And - ?

I read last winter at Inauguration time when the pressure was on as to what the First Lady would wear to the various events, Mrs. Obama said, "No matter what you wear, there are going to be some people who don't like it."
That's a wise observation which we could apply to all areas in life, not fashion only.

No comments:

Post a Comment