Friday, November 26, 2010

shatter your illusions of love

Lately I want to hear the Fleetwood Mac song "Gold Dust Woman."
Often.
And again.
A - a-a-a-a-n-n-d -- AGAIN.
--------------------------------------
If I feel a passion for listening to a song or artist / band again and again, and a lot, I no longer "worry" that I might "get tired of" the music...doesn't happen.
If that's what I want to listen to -- a lot -- I go with it.

On You Tube, there is a performance of this song -- the title is
Stevie Nicks rare 1981 solo "Gold Dust woman" 8 min. !!

The Comments typed in, (read when you scroll down), are a hoot.
samples:

"that was intense..."
"u gotta luv Stevie - shes bonkers !!!"
"rad! she's the best"
"this is near religion..."
"what's the meaning of the song? weird hair-dos"
"there is no meaning...it's a Stevie dream that lets you absorb the spell any way that suits you"
"this is how this song should ALWAYS be performed...I never get tired of it"
--and I agree with THAT one, and many others --

----------------
a blog I follow sometimes is "Style Rookie" written by a teenage girl named Tavi -- think she's 15 years old -- quite precocious -- checked her latest post and it was titled "Gold Dust Woman" -- I was like, "Whoa!" at first glance, it was like the internet was talkin' right TO ME. Someone else had that song on their mind also.

The Style Rookie blog shows fashion ideas to which I can barely relate -- I'm not at that level of sophistication -- but that kid is a hell of a good writer -- I do know that.

-30-

1 comment:

  1. I find music extremely inspirational as well--nothing like it in terms of setting a mood or evoking memories. Excellent post--thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete