Friday, September 2, 2011

Texas teacher


Today when I arrived at work, I saw a young Asian man run for his car, smoking a cigarette as he ran.

-------------------------
quotes from Lyndon Johnson, U.S. President, 1963 - 1968:

"We live in a world that has narrowed into a neighborhood before it has broadened into a brotherhood."

"I am a free man, an American, a United States Senator, and a Democrat, in that order."

"Any jackass can kick down a barn, but it takes a good carpenter to build one."

"Every president wants to do right."

"The presidency has made every man who occupied it, no matter how small, bigger than he was; and no matter how big, not big enough for its demands."

"I believe the destiny of your generation -- and your nation -- is a rendezvous with excellence."

"I am making a collection of the things my opponents have found me to be and, when this election is over, I am going to open a museum and put them on display."

"The vote is the most powerful instrument ever devised by man for breaking down injustice and destroying the terrible walls which imprison men because they are different from other men."

"While you're saving your face, you're losing your ass."

"We have the opportunity to move not only toward the rich society and the powerful society, but upward to the Great Society."

"A man without a vote is a man without protection."

"Being president is like being a jackass in a hailstorm. There's nothing to do but to stand there and take it."

-30-

1 comment: