Monday, December 12, 2011

if you try sometimes

You can't always get what you want

You can't always get what you want

You can't always get what you want

But if you try sometimes well -
you just might find ...

You get what you need
Oh -- yeah...

Mick! Keith! What do those lyrics mean? I'm going to have to take them to mean --
that since cannot find anything under 700 !(*%^#^#@! dollars to
TYPE
and
PRINT STUFF OUT
on
-- even Manual Typewriters -- anything that's gonna work is 700$$ & less expensive ones aren't real --

I'm gonna take the "you can't always get what you want" lyrics to mean:
I have to keep writing, pen and paper longhand, and
FORGET about ever having anything at home to type stuff and print it out on.
I am so tired.
Of.
This.

A person can write out their book in long-hand and send it to an agent, but -- by today's standards, they're not going to look at it, everybody expects everyone to be able to afford a computer in every room. They aren't going to accept the fact that a lot of people can't afford a computer --or even a typewriter -- & don't have a way to get their story typed. They're never going to understand that or give a rat's ass & will never read what I send them.

(Of course they don't look at the typed ones either, so --.)

You can only get published if your work is shown to the publisher by an agent and you can only ever get an agent if you're already published, prosperous, and famous, one of those doomed, round-in-a-circle, chicken-egg Things.

I wish I had never seen the free computer, it only made me realize how hopeless my goals are.

--------------------------
On bright side -- some guys I work with got the free computer -- (they don't need to print!), they are happy, and -- I made fudge.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment