Monday, May 28, 2012

You Tube Nation

a free-association homage to You Tube

When you're sitting back --
In your long pink Cadillac...
Kiss  (Unplugged):  "Hard Luck Woman"
The Kinks:  "Lola"
"Stuck In The Middle With You"
"Texas 1947"
Buckingham Nicks, whole album
"Bonaparte's Retreat"  (Glen Campbell)
Manfred Mann:  "Blinded By The Light"
Obama?
Romney?
YOU TUBE !!!

Lou Reed
Clowns to the left of me,
jokers to the right...
Long Tall Glasses
hand me down my walkin' cane,
hand me down my hat
Hmmmh, now wait a minute --
Aaah, feels good -- look a' me dancin'...
GerryRafferty
Baker Street
Ebony Eyes
Just take those old records off the shelf
Walk this way...
Just gimme a kiss --

Little money comin' worked out well,
"C'est la vie" say the
old folks it goes to show you never can tell....
Nothing else matters --
Music there, it was hauntingly familiar...
De-elect all Congress
("Throw the rascals out")
Induct Neil Diamond -- Rock-Roll Hall-Fame, It's time
He got the way to move me
-- Good times never seemed so good...
Johnny Cash and Neil Diamond conversing on Johnny Cash's variety show, 1970 -- a Comment read:  "I agree.  Class acts and Classic!  We won't see stuff like this anymore.  People just aren't polite anymore.  It s---s really"

And when he lets go --  Half the valley shakes...
"Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show" by Neil Diamond
classic wax Commented:
I remember as a kid, riding with my dad and listening to Neil on 8 Track.  I remember this song very well, it used to scare me, lol.  Dad?  Why are they packing up the babies and grabbing the old ladies. 
LOL
I remember it just like it was yesterday.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment