Thursday, February 14, 2013

the thing about The Sting


Most interesting aspects of The Sting:

-- the Scott Joplin ragtime music which was used to track alongside the action

-- the handsome and talented actors in the lead roles:  Robert Redford as Johnny Hooker and Paul Newman as Henry Gondorff

-- the twist embedded in the plotline which says -- insists, actually -- that the target of their Big Con never know he was taken....

====================

All across the "Web," bloggers write about this film:  there are paragraphs about The Sting, and photographs from it, on The Warning Sign blog;
Three men on a blog calls it "breezy, twisty and damned enjoyable."

(Am bogged down -- I want to write about The Sting and cannot focus on what I need to say....Blogged down.  As my cousin Rick once wrote, "I'm in a blog fog.")

The thing about The Sting was, the movie was An Event.
As I was writing a couple of posts ago, it had effects upon my life, at the time when it came out, and I didn't even SEE it, then (!)....It's an example of how culture influences us, & becomes part of our lives and perceptions.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment