Tuesday, September 19, 2017

go make your own movie


I become fascinated by Internet Comments.


I said that one time at a social gathering, and a guy went, "Oh!  Internet Comments are the --" and I forget how he put it, exactly, something like, the Comments people type on the Internet are the lowest of the low, the stupidest of the stupid, or the -- I don't know, the most undependable source of any kind of well-considered, thoughtful opinion. ...

He must have thought I was crazy.

A scene in the 80s sitcom "Designing Women"


comes to mind, where the sensible, businesslike, and intellectual Julia 
comments on the dreamy, enthusiastic, thinking-outside-the-box Charlene's ability "to become fascinated by ab - so - lute - ly  nothin' - !"...


But -- (but -- I'm not crazy!) -- Internet Comments are interesting because as you read through them, you see people's different perspectives, the way they perceive things, and how opposite (oppositely?) they can see things...


"The movie was nothing like the book!"

"The movie was just like the book!"

"The movie was great!"

"The movie was terrible!"


One YouTube Comment about the 2012 movie One For The Money stated that the Commenter would not watch this movie because she would "never support" the lead actress.  ("What?" lol... I never knew Katherine Heigl was -- requesting our -- support...is she, or was she then, in 2012 -- running for office??  I have no idea where some of these people are coming from....)




One For The Money was the film version of a 1994 novel written by Janet Evanovich.  [Excerpt from the book] --------------- The next time I saw him, I was three years older.  

I was on my way to the mall, driving my father's Buick, when I spotted Morelli standing in front of Giovichinni's Meat Market.  I gunned the big V-8 engine, jumped the curb, and clipped Morelli from behind, bouncing him off the front right fender.  

I stopped the car and got out to assess the damage.  "Anything broken?"


He was sprawled on the pavement, looking up my skirt.  "My leg."

"Good," I said.  Then I turned on my heel, got into the Buick, and drove to the mall.


I attribute the incident to temporary insanity, and in my own defense, I'd like to say I haven't run over anyone since.

*

During winter months, wind ripped up Hamilton Avenue, whining past plate-glass windows, banking trash against curbs and storefronts.  

During summer months, the air sat still and gauzy, leaden with humidity, saturated with hydrocarbons.  It shimmered over hot cement and melted road tar.  Cicadas buzzed, Dumpsters reeked, and a dusty haze hung in perpetuity over softball fields statewide.  I figured it was all part of the great adventure of living in New Jersey. --------------------- [end, excerpt] ---------------


_________________________

Selected YouTube Comments on a "trailer" for the film version of One For The Money:

~~  I love how I see at least 3 of the greys anatomy actors

~~  Did I just watch the whole movie?

~~  Best movie EVER

~~  woman cant make movies, this movie is the proof..


~~  okay it's time to get out of my shelter from todays society and WATCHES TRAILER I'm going back down.

~~  They should make a movie for the 12th book of the Stephanie Plum Novels, it's called Twelve Sharp.  It's pretty interesting and funny.



~~  Yeah, but you can't skip 2-11.  It wouldn't make sense.  I think they should just make a movie for every single Stephanie Plum book, or make it a series.  That would be awesome!!!


~~  I have been saying all along that they should make the Stephanie Plum books into a movie or a series.......  Now I find out that they did make a movie!!!  I am sooooo watching it this afternoon!


~~  I am starting to think hollywood comedy is getting boring.  Another typical comedy plot..

~~  saw the movie, it's so great, loved it!!!

~~  What song is playing?

~~  Was this movie just about Katherine Heigl acting like a complete ditz?  



Oh and in the shootout she fires 7 shots out of a 5 shot revolver WAY TO GO HOLLYWOOD.  Ya big bunch of dumb-asses.

~~  The Bounty Hunter seems a lot like this

~~  Actual Jersey people sound much worse imho

~~  1:16 this wasn't in the movie

~~  seems really similar to the bounty hunter

~~  three to get ready

~~  two for the show

~~  what's the first song?

~~  Im watching the movie right now

~~  i don't like this movie

~~  absolutely love this movie im half way through book 8 right now

~~  I love the actress but this movie was a little slow

~~  well go make your own!


~~  THIS MOVIE WAS AMAZING.


~~  This movie was criticized by both critics and fans but I do like it.  I didn't expect much from the start and I found many entertaining scenes.  I just didn't like the ending.  I wanted Stephanie (Katherine Heigl) and Ranger (Daniel Sunjata) to hook up.  They would make a very beautiful couple.  That Morelli was so annoying 

~~  the Book was waay better!

~~  The movie really sucked but the books are awesome

~~  I love how the Jersey accent comes and goes


~~  Movie looks funny, but I'd never support Heigl.  Pass.


~~  my  mother owns all these books, if they are really this bad then Im scared for her


~~  Debbie Reynolds is pretty funny in this movie  :)

~~  this movie is not really anything like the book....

~~  I read the book, and the movie is JUST LIKE IT!

~~  is this the trailer or the movie?!

~~  this movie was filmed in my town  :)

~~  Grate movie, actors and actresses are perfect and I like them all.  The movie is informativeness.


~~  Please make sure to spell correctly when calling someone else an idiot.
-------- This has been a YouTube public service announcement.

~~  this looks like a great movie...no wait it looks like shit!

~~  baffled as to why Hollywood remakes the same movie numerous times?...

~~  This is based on a book that was written before the Bounty Hunter.

~~  one for the money two for the show three to get ready now go cat go but don't you......



~~  This movie is Like Bounty Hunter!  :)

~~  Stop advertising torrent sites that's why they getting shut down.  Keep low!

~~  "GOOD TO SEE YA CUPCAKE!!"  Lmfao!!



____________________
_____________________________

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment