Friday, August 21, 2020

a bootstrap story


Kris Jenner Posts Tribute For Late Robert Kardashian

Robert and Kris Kardashian - back in the day...


     Okay, so I learned that the Kardashian children -- Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, and Rob -- inherited $100 million when their father died in 2003.  

     $25 million per person.

     Uhm, yeah, I don't know what changed, but for some reason the bottom sort of dropped out of the story, for me, upon learning this.

     I was under the impression that Kris Jenner's six children -- four Kardashians and two Jenners --  "earned their living," so to speak, from their reality show(s) and selling products with -- their -- names on them...whatever... I don't know.

     I mean, I guess I didn't have the idea that they began as low-income, but I did think they were in "normal" range, income-wise until their mother came up with this brilliant reality-show idea...

     The one-hundred-million-dollar inheritance changes the story-arc totally.  LOL.

     Ryan Seacrest and Kris Jenner tell it both ways -- he came to her, she came to him -- with the Idea.  Whatever, whatever.

     The fact that they were already incredibly rich means that any deal they come up with, they will be listened to even in Hollywood where it's notoriously hard to get a break -- people want to please rich people, and if they want a reality show. ...


     I had thought of it as a story of Merit Being Rewarded.

     Now, it's like finding out there's no Santa Claus.

     Haha -- I'll have to try to dial down my naiveté....
          (Maybe I can have it removed...)


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment