Friday, March 5, 2021

our third century of freedom and democracy

 


Poet Lawrence Ferlinghetti, and magazine publishers Hugh Hefner and Larry Flynt:  if you type the name, then "First Amendment," the Internet gives some interesting recent history about free speech in America.


(How did these people get into my blog?! lol -- The stuff they purvey is not exactly my thing [although Ferlinghetti's poem that he recited in The Last Waltz was very good] ... 


I guess the point of much of the First-Amendment-"Drama" that took place during the last century is, If "the man" can outlaw what I write (or draw, or paint, or film) -- he can be coming for you next.  It's like -- proving ... or--living up to the ideal and principle of free speech.)


On You Tube there's an interesting video, it's under 4 minutes, I think...


From The  60 Minutes Archive:  Larry Flynt

uploader:  60 Minutes


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment