Monday, April 19, 2021

drivin' down your freeways

 


----------------- [excerpt, Woody Allen autobiography] -------------------------------- I've taken some criticism over the years that I didn't use African-Americans in my movies.  And while affirmative action can be a fine solution in many instances, it does not work when it comes to casting.  

     I always cast the person who fits the part most believably in my mind's eye.  

     When it comes to the politics of race, I have always been a typical liberal and sometimes maybe even radical.  


I marched in Washington with Martin Luther King, donated heavily to the ACLU when they needed extra to push the Voting Rights Act, named my children after my African-American heroes and said publicly in the 1960s that I was in favor of African-Americans achieving their goals by any means necessary.  Anyhow, when it comes to casting, I do not go by politics but by what feels dramatically correct to me. ---------------------- [end / excerpt]

__________________________

____________________________

     On this Monday of positivity, I want to make a recommendation to listen to a great song by The Doors, called

"L.A. Woman."

It's on You Tube -- there's an upload by The Doors, which has excellent sound quality.  And there's another one, uploader Flying Dutchman, that has a moving-picture video accompanying the song:  there are a lot of cars in it--if you're a car person, you may particularly like this one, because you can spot mid-20th-century auto styles.


Well, I just got into town about an hour ago--

Took a look around, see which way the wind blow...

_______________________________


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment