Friday, January 13, 2023

a-well a-bless my soul, what's a-wrong with me?

 


The news yesterday reported that Lisa Marie Presley died, at the age of 54.


She was married four times.


She recorded three albums --

To Whom It May Concern  (2003)

Now What  (2005)

Storm & Grace  (2012) - produced by T Bone Burnett (who played guitar in Bob Dylan's band during the 1970s).


        On Amazon, her albums have the label, "Currently unavailable."

        I want to look on You Tube, see if some of her songs and / or albums are on there....


I remember reading an article about Lisa Marie, maybe back in the '90s -- the thing that stayed with me was her description of moving her children from one hotel room to another, trying to dodge photographers or some other type of publicity-seekers.  She said something like -- This is what I sometimes have to do -- we'll get it done.

Sort of a low-key determination.


Decades before that, I remember a photograph of Elvis and Priscilla Presley in the local paper.  I was fascinated and a little intimidated by Priscilla's hair -- it was so dark, and so high.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment