Thursday, January 19, 2023

death be not proud

 


More information out on the situation in Virginia where a six-year-old boy brought a gun to school and shot his teacher:

The family of the child has now put out a statement --


     1.  They are saying the gun was secured

     2.  They say the child has "an acute disability"

     3.  There was a policy for the child where one or the other of his parents had to be with him in the classroom every day

     4.  The parents stopped showing up to school the week of the shooting.


        WHAT?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


||    If the gun was "secured," the kid could not have got it.  He got it and brought it to school, so it must not have been "secured."  Lying??!!

||    Claiming "acute disability" -- classic bid for pity, after their spawn shoots up the joint - ??!!

||    The parents stopped attending class with their kid because............................................. they didn't wanna-get-shot??!!


None of this makes sense, to me.

        They have a lawyer now -- they're going to keep on saying, "The gun was secured" in a typical "that's-our-story-and-we're-sticking-to-it" strategy.

----------------------------------------------


        I did some substitute-teaching in the high school in 2006 -- at that time I thought it was fun and interesting.

Now, if I had a teaching degree and I was offered a teaching job anyplace, for one year, to be paid a trillion dollars, I would say No.


        (And I could use a trillion dollars.)


But this is just ridiculous.


        Instead of "cuckoo-for-Cocoa-Puffs" our society has gone "gaga-for-guns."


One of the articles about the incident quoted someone who said a six-year-old could not know the meaning of death.

        That's not true.  I was just barely five when President Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, and I knew what death meant.  I don't know how I knew that, or where I learned it.  


        But I knew what it meant.  I knew if the president was dead, he was not coming back, and he could not be president anymore, and the Vice President would have to step into that job.

        The president was dead and had gone to Heaven.


Where do these article-people come up with this shit?

"A six-year-old doesn't know what death is."

Blah-blah-blah.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment