Sunday, March 24, 2024

are you talkin' to Me?

 

"Each story tells you how it wants to be told."

-  Paul Schrader, screenwriter / Taxi Driver


_______________________

I started noticing inappropriate aggression in regular society in either the late '90s or early 2000s.

        Sometime in there - 1998? - 2000? - I was at the post office in the town where I still live... standing in line, so to speak... there were posts with velvet rope or chain or something connecting them, and that's where you were supposed to stand, to wait your turn to walk up to a "window" and conduct your business.


A man who was maybe 15 years older than me entered the post office and stood behind me, and then took a step forward and "butted" in front of me in line.


When the customer at the window stepped away, finished with their post office task, the man who had pushed in front of me walked to the window and got - whatever he wanted, I guess.


I don't know if I should say I was shocked, but I was definitely extremely surprised.

        Like - you're quote-end quote "butting in line"??!! I mean, I'm old, and you're Even Older, and you're Butting In Line?!

        WTF?  Are you stoned or stupid?


It was so weird.


---------------------

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment