Tuesday, March 5, 2024

"I don't care what David Chase says!"


I watched a video analyzing some detail of The Sopranos, and read some comments - one viewer explained very firmly the reasoning and history behind a particular plot line, and wrapped up his case with the statement,  "I don't care what David Chase says."


        David Chase is the creator, head writer,  and executive producer of The Sopranos.  It's a little difficult to see how this person who was in charge of the whole show and thought it up in the first place would somehow not be knowledgeable about plot lines and other granular aspects of the show, but that's how some of these fans are--they are thoroughly invested and involved in the stories and they will kind of 'take ownership' and stand by the analysis they believe in. 


Dedication. 


I was thinking it would be like someone reading Harry Potter and thinking their own understanding of it is right no matter who says otherwise:  "I don't care what J.K. Rowling says! "

        The Great Gatsby:  "I don't care what F. Scott Fitzgerald said! "


LOL.  

It occurred to me - someone should start a Sopranos channel on YouTube and name the channel I don't care what David Chase says. 

        I'd listen. 

_______________________

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment