Monday, October 4, 2010

133,000 songs

A slammin' song about getting low-down on the dance floor, and a country song about having your toes in the water and [something else] in the sand were popular requests of the DJ at a Wedding Dance Saturday night. (That song -- Zac Brown -- sort of puts me in mind of Jimmy Buffett's "Margaritaville" -- similar vibe, and sentiment....)

A wedding dance -- so much Happiness!
It had been a long time since I had occasion to attend one of those.
(Several people greeted me, "You CAME !" -- I got invited, and so couldn't imagine where else on God's green earth I'd be, that night - !)

Bride and wedding party all so beautiful.

The D.J. (a college guy with a "posse" of two guys who are, the D.J. explained to me, "in high school") -- had an object, sitting in front of his laptop. The object, about 3 x 5, or 4 x 6, looked like you could put just a short stack of index cards in it -- it holds, the D.J. told me, "133,000 songs."

One more Technological Thing to get my mind around.

Also, he had speakers with the firepower to get them dancing clear over in China, I think.

One of the D.J.'s "posse" teenagers danced with me -- R. Stones. He was very much like me, in that he's there for the Music and for the event. The experience, whatever.

It was a cool, clear night, going home.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment