Thursday, October 21, 2010

yearning for elegance

I am a registered Republican.
And I am wondering, "Is my party a party of sore losers?"
Acting like babies --
no that's wrong, a baby who needs changing doesn't tantrum like this.
Acting like -- what? Animals?
My cat behaves way better than that.
There's, like,
nothing to compare it to.
I am at a loss for words.
And that's rare.
And I am beginning to see why
some of the people I know
don't vote.
Because they are disgusted and turned
off
by the stupid behavior
and ugly remarks and ranting.
I still think the people I know
who don't vote
should vote
because when they don't,
they leave election of people who
govern us
to the people who are somehow
impressed by mindless anger
and ridiculous antics.
Would you let those people
run your house?
Or mow your lawn?
Do you want them deciding who
runs the government?

"News" too bizarre to even look at;
I agree there.
Most people just want to
live. And take care of things.
I am an optimist.
And I am concerned.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment