Monday, December 27, 2010

A decree went out from Caesar Augustus

Christmas Eve service
with friends
at Episcopal Church last Friday night --
the pastor got up there -- he was filling in for regular Episco. priest who was ill -- this guy, robed, said, "You can see I'm not Father ____________, I'm ______________________"
...and when I heard his name,
realized this is Lutheran minister in whose basement
I rented space (and called it an "apartment")
when I was 16 and had first Summer Job away from home,
in our state capital.

One of those "small world" moments.
He talked about the economy in his sermon. He said economy is not based on numbers, as many believe; it's based on people's will and desire -- based on people's efforts, and What They Want.

(Wish I had the text of it -- it was good!)

And the word went out from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed. ...
(We got that, too. ...)
A nice Christmas Eve -- sky wasn't black, was fuzzy-gray: what is that? Cloud cover? Fog? I'm clueless.

-30-

1 comment:

  1. I love small world moments like that. I've recently had a couple of them. And those moments, too, when you see someone and you know you know them, but you can't place them. Those make me less happy and more concerned about my memory.

    I hope you have a wonderful 2011.

    ReplyDelete