Monday, February 6, 2012

probably sane

two notes on a Monday:

Note 1. Studying the lyrics Friday of "The Ballad Of John And Yoko" realized -- when I used to hear that song on WBCN radio in Boston, the lines --

Peter Brown called to say,
"You can make it O.K.,
You can get married in Gibraltar, near Spain" --

...I used to hear them as,
Peter Brown called to say
you can make it OK,
you can get married since you're probably sane ...

and Note 2.
The Lawrence/Julie & Julia Project.
A college student named Lawrence Dai blogged for a year, watching the film Julie & Julia every day, and blogging comments.
(!)
same principle as Julie Powell's original blog -- cooking her way through Julia Child's Mastering The Art of French Cooking, covering all the recipes in 365 days.

Well -- Mr. Dai's principle is different, I guess, because it's all the same movie -- I don't know, it's a relief to discover someone in world who does something like this, because it seems to confirm my own claims to what President Warren G. Harding called, in a coined word, "normalcy." Normality. Normalness. Not that that's necessarily a goal. (What's the percentage in being "normal"? Is there profit?)

Anyway, this kid is wildly funny, setting up a blog and doing what the woman in the movie did -- sort of.

I have wondered, before, if I could "talk" a movie. Just type on my blog all about a whole movie, and re-create the experience. But watching
the same movie
every day
for a year
and
typing in a blog post about it,
each day
had not occurred to me.

Am fan of Lawrence Dai.

Someone Commented on his blog,
don't you have something better to do with your life?
Lawrence Dai Replied -- No. No, I do not.
LOL

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment