Thursday, August 16, 2012

I give up

I never say the words, "I give up," or think them.
I typed that sentence in as a title for this post, and felt like was typing the "f" word.
It's like -- heresy.
(Oooh--you can't say that.)

Typed "I give up" on Google and got a list of items, one of them a site called PAID TO EXIST, and a post titled, The Best Way to Solve a Problem:  Give Up.

It began:  "Sometimes the easiest way to solve a problem is to stop participating in the problem. Sometimes the smartest choice is giving up."

Another site gave a list of reasons to not give up, including following items:

Believe In Your Dreams
(Right.)

As Long As You Are Alive Anything Is Possible

(Bullshit.)

Be Realistic
(Been there, done that.)

Michael Jordan
(Uh -- I'm not him.)

Lance Armstrong
(What?!)

Muhammad Ali
(Give me a break.)

You Are Strong
(No, I'm not.)

Prove Yourself
(Been there, done that.)

Nelson Mandela
(Oh, come on!)

-------------------------- There were more "Reasons" on the list, but honestly I'm all out of patience.

...A pay phone was ringing


It just about blew my mind

When I picked it up and said hello

This foot came through the line



Well, by this time I was fed up

At tryin’ to make a stab

At bringin’ back any help

For my friends and Captain Arab

I decided to flip a coin ...

-- lyrics from "Bob Dylan's 115th Dream"
on the Bringing It All Back Home album,
1965

-30-








No comments:

Post a Comment