Sunday, October 7, 2012

play it acoustic this summer

(Collected) COMMENTS
on You Tube,
to the Gordon Lightfoot song "Sundown":

-------------
The harmonies are sublime.

Hits home EVERY TIME.

I remember hearing this on AM radio back in 74 and onward through the 70s.  Great times.  Glad to have been alive back then, even if I was only a little kid.

every guy should have this on his speed music panel in his car.  enough said

a band called Clawhammer covered this song, many years ago.  In the 90s, its was awesome.  Obscure punk band they were, God was it a great song, just like this...

I love this song!

Of all the songs of my childhood, this reminds me most of Saturday mornings in Kansas.

he writes a song like a top of the line innovative movie director.

get feelin better when I'm feelin no pain...

This shit be real.

God, I feel so old...I bought this song the first time as a 45 record, then I bought the cassette.  now I have the CD.  So I guess I've had this song for almost 40 yrs now.  Guess I AM old...

I was born in 1974 and my parents didnt really even listen to music and this song was so good I still remember it from my youth.  thanks for posting it!

I certainly don't claim to know what he's singing about, but I DO know that this is one amazing song.  So fluid and melodic.

couldn't be more human
big blue

Listening has never been easier...

This song is timeless...

I never could understand what this song is about.

badass song!

Born in '72, but I'm diggin' this stuff.

I`ve alway believed in him from the first time that I heard If You Could Read My Mind.

this is just great perfect

Awesome song. I'm watching this because some friends of mine and I are going to play it acoustic this summer. Love it.

Sometimes I think it's a shame
When I get feelin' better when I'm feelin' no pain
Sometimes I think it's a shame
When I get feelin' better when I'm feelin' no pain
Sometimes I think it's a sin
When I feel like I'm winnin' when I'm losin' again

keep it Right Good Brother

It's 2:16 am, I just got home from work, and this just hits the spot friends!

i always thought he was sayin "sometime you better take care", but its actually sundown lol.

what a velvet voice he has!

I am an extreme metal head. This is so bad ass.

feels like i'm winning when i'm losing again

Excellent!!!!!

ONE OF A KIND LIGHTFOOT CLASS ACT

always liked this song

(end Comments) ------------------------------------ It's interesting and fun and kind of transporting to listen to a song you like & read what other humans on the globe say about it, and feel....

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment