Tuesday, January 22, 2013

first time


People say "word of mouth" is the best advertising -- some words came out of someone's mouth, telling me about a book called Memoirs of a Poet, by Timothy Taylor Woldt, and a copy of the book came out of their hand and into my hand, so that helped to "advertise" it, as well!

It was a fun read -- I could hear the influence of Bill Cosby, Bob Dylan, and Dr. Seuss, I thought....so -- wrote my first Amazon "review."

If I couldn't say something positive, I would not have written a review at all -- I want to say nice things about writers -- do not wish to take example from Truman Capote, who, upon learning that Jack Kerouac had written On The Road in -- I don't know -- three weeks or something, is supposed to have snarked, "That's not writing, that's typing."

(Mr. Capote could pull that off; I wouldn't be able to -- I don't have what All About Eve director Joseph Mankiewicz called "the bitch virtuosity" required....Happily, none is necessary!)

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment