Monday, June 3, 2013

ultimate editing


I made myself laugh this evening, because I came across a writer I had not heard of before, and read some of his stuff, and the thought came to me, unbidden:  "This guy's writing would be great if he'd just leave out the content." ...

(?!...)

Will not become all huffy if he doesn't ask me to write jacket blurb for his next work.  (only fair, right?...)

Told self -- that's so silly!  Like, what? - Keep up the good writing, buddy! -- just only leave out all the topics and descriptions....!  Yeah!  Thumbs up!

Come to think of it, that might create a new thing, which, if presented properly could maybe be passed off as Very Artistic and if you don't Get It, then maybe you are just not Modern (or "Post-Modern") Enough....

 ---------------------
---------------------
 .  ;  ..; :  . ?!..?
------------------------
It could be all just punctuation.
Content subtracted.

Content-free !
Like sugar-free, fat-free, etc.

----------------------- It was just that much of his content was un-cheerful, yucky, sad, even disgusting stuff, which I don't enjoy -- but some of the things he had to say in interviews were things I agreed with, and some of it sounded a little like Bob Dylan.  So -- was interested.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment