Tuesday, February 17, 2015

they're writing songs of love



In his 1979 film Manhattan, Woody Allen used the powerful song "Rhapsody in Blue" (written in 1924, by George Gershwin).


{Type in Rhapsody in Blue on Internet, and listen to it; that's how the beginning of Manhattan feels.}





Other songs used in the film were compositions that had been written by brothers George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin.





"But Not for Me"  (1930)


"Someone to Watch Over Me"  (1926)


"Embraceable You"  (1928)


"Strike Up the Band"  (1927)


"Oh, Lady be Good!"  (1924)


"'S Wonderful"  (1927)


"I've Got a Crush on You"  (1928)


"Love is Sweeping the Country"  (1931)

















'S wonderful, 's wonderful
'S marvelous, 's marvelous
That you should care for me


'S awful nice, 's awful nice
'S paradise, 's paradise
'S what I love to see


You've made my life so glamorous
You can't blame me for feeling amorous
Oh, 's wonderful, 's marvelous
That you should care for me








-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment