Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I left my home in Georgia






memory just out of reach
------------------------------


Watching the rain
Sliding the pain
Off the refrain, and
Down the winding lane
To knowledge that
You're here.  Now.


Watching the rain
Considering that the main
Things happened against the grain
Then became like a crane
Drifting usual, unremarked upon
As you were.  Then.


__________________________________


Sittin' in the morning sun,
I'll be sittin' when the evening come,
Watching the ships roll in,
And I'll watch 'em roll away again, yeah,
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay,
Watching the tide roll away, ooh,
I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay,
Wasting time.


I left my home in Georgia,
Headed for the Frisco bay
I have nothing to live for,
Look like nothing's gonna come my way,


So I'm just - sit on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away,
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay,
Wasting time


Look like nothing's gonna change,
Everything still remain the same,
I can't do what ten people tell me to do,
So I guess I'll remain the same, yes,


Sittin' here resting my bones,
And this loneliness won't leave me alone, yes,
Two thousand miles I roam
Just to make this dock my home


Now I'm just gon' sit at the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away, ooh
Sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wasting time


-----------------------
"Sitting on the Dock of the Bay"
written by Otis Redding and Steve Cropper
Recorded, Nov. 22 and Dec. 7, 1967
Released, Jan. 8, 1968
Stax Records' Volt label








-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment