Wednesday, March 28, 2018

get a job; get a haircut


     The thought came to me this morning, when I wrote here yesterday, I might have made it sound like the woman whose children I baby-sat for a summer said to me, that my hair was -- "not a style, just hair hanging down."  

     (Telling a teenage girl her hair isn't "good enough" -- horrible trauma!  lol)

     But no, that wasn't it:  starting after eighth grade, I didn't have the long-straight-hair-parted-in-the-middle anymore -- after that, the trend and my own inclination was toward shorter styles that were supposed to "flatter the face"... Blow-dryers were invented -- hand-held, and hot rollers:  each morning I was washing, drying, curling, brushing-out to avoid being too curly, heating, cooling, wearing warm hard plastic rollers in my hair for fifteen minutes or something... bending the hair to arrange it into something, around the face.  

     When she said the long style was "just hair hanging down" she wasn't commenting on my style; we were both commenting on the style which had been dominant for several years....


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment