Friday, March 2, 2018

You Tube always on my mind




     "The debate here isn't this one man's failure, or guns, or any single issue, it is the failure of government all the way up the line to act in the best interest of those who elected them, not those who paid for their campaign."

~ Reader Comment, The Independent

 ________________________________

     The other night, I went on You Tube and listened to Mrs. Trump's speech (the one where she is "heartened") and some film footage of a Fleetwood Mac concert, 1975.

     Mrs. Trump speaks with a very strong accent.  The video I watched, they had put on subtitles. ... 
      "They are our future, and they deserve a voice"....
----------------------

     To see the Mac concert, type in

fleetwood mac, live, 1975, capital centre






     Several videos come up -- the one I've watched says (OFFICIAL) and has over 100,000 views....

     There are sound problems, at first, but if you're patient through some "hum" and "buzz" in the first song, it goes away.  Some songs, you only see part of them -- the other part of the film must have been gone, or was too bad to listen to -- it has the last part of "Rhiannon."  

And Lindsey Buckingham sings that song that says, "Don't ask me what I think of you -- I  might not give the answer that you want me to" ...  That song was totally familiar to me, though I couldn't say from where.  

I thought it was a song of some other band, but when I looked it up, it was a Fleetwood Mac song, but from several years back before Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks joined the band.  So Mr. Buckingham was covering the song of an earlier singer in the Mac.

     So I had to look that up -- the online free encyclopedia tells us -- 1969, "Oh Well" was composed by Fleetwood Mac vocalist and lead guitarist Peter Green.



"I can't help about the shape I'm in

I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin..."



________________________________
________________________________



     Onstage, Stevie Nicks is all about Telling-Stories-And-Expressing-Feelings -- evoking a  mood -- she moves around, gauzy garments floating and fluttering, like a changeable cloud....  

Christine McVie's rock-and-roll musicianship, Lindsey Buckingham's intense guitar and vocals, John McVie (bass), Mick Fleetwood (drums):  it's the Fleetwood Mac I knew best as they emerged with their iconic "Fleetwood Mac" white album 




and "Rumours" 




in the mid-70s.  But I'm also extremely curious and interested to become acquainted with earlier iterations of the band.


     "Looking for Peter Green" -- might have to be a future project.


     Christine McVie sings a song called "Spare Me A Little Of Your Love" -- it's the second song, as the hum and the buzz ease off....

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment