Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Ike runs the country, and I turn the pork chops


     Today I want to act as a "visual person" and put pictures on here.















---------------------------- I call it

75 Years Of First Ladies

These, I could do from memory, though I checked afterwards to make sure I didn't forget anybody.  

     This list begins with Eleanor Roosevelt, in the 1940s and goes to our current First Lady, Melania Trump.

     But then right away, going back earlier than Franklin Roosevelt -- I know the president was Herbert Hoover, but what was his wife's name and what did she look like?  I do not know her name, and I could not pick her out of a line-up.  (Not that that would be a likely scenario....)

     And who was the president (never mind first lady 'cuz I don't know) -- before Hoover?  Coolidge?  And Warren G. Harding from Blooming Grove, Ohio, was president in there somewhere...Woodrow Wilson?

     Yikes.  I don't know nothin' earlier than 1930s, it would appear....

     I'm going to guess, then check:

working backwards through time:

Hoover
Coolidge
Harding
Wilson...

(checked)

I got it right!

(No mas....)

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment