Monday, September 24, 2018

sex pest at a mid-day racist séance


I had thought at first, on this cloudy day, that I would use as a title for today's post,

I don't mind a cloudy day.

But when I have a choice between

I don't mind a cloudy day

and

sex pest at a mid-day racist séance


...I have to go with -- Sex Pest At A Mid-day Racist Séance!


What can I say?

________________________________________


     All this bizarre and creepy news coming out of Washington with President Trump's Supreme Court nominee -- it's kind of distressing, and it makes you think.  What I thought about, part of the time, was all of the parties I was at, in high school and college, where stuff like that was not done.  

Not saying my high school was perfect, or Boston University was perfect, but -- I just never saw behavior like that, nor did I fear it.  Didn't occur to me that people might do things like that.



     The thought which comes to mind now is, this person --


(Brett Kavanaugh)

comes from a background of extraordinary ease and privilege, and I always -- and often mistakenly, it turns out -- assume a person brought up in that environment will be elegant, cultured, sophisticated.  (I guess, if you're rich I expect you to be --Jacqueline Kennedy.  No pressure, right?)



     An impression when I heard the first accusation was -- someone who comes from privilege, receiving what is supposed to be an excellent education at a private school, and he doesn't know -- no one has taught him -- how to be a gentleman, how to have social skills, how to talk to a girl.  (I mean, What-the-Hell?!)  Someone was not doing their job.




     I wondered, maybe when people have the luxuries of an easy life free of concerns about mere "survival" -- exciting, stimulating work if they want it, etc., etc.... and send their son to a private school, blah-blah-blah, etc....  I tried to imagine and said well, maybe -- the parents thought the school would teach him the basics -- Social-Skills-how-to-talk-to-girls-how-to-be-a-gentleman -- while at the same time the school people were believing that their students' parents are teaching all the Social-Skills-etc. at home.  

And in reality nobody is teaching these young men much of anything about the practical, everyday world of interactions.  It's like Mr. Kavanaugh and his weird friend Mark Judge "slipped through the cracks" as sociologists might say.



     It makes you wonder if they would have been better off in public school.  I mean, what are you paying for in an expensive private school if this is the result??!


     Alcohol is not an excuse, and the alleged behavior, if true, indicates a person with a disturbed mind, a lot of hostility, no moral compass and a basic cluelessness mixed together with an outsized sense of entitlement.  The opposite of the qualities a person should have to be any kind of judge anywhere, let alone be on the Supreme Court.

     But back to the origins of this weird behavioral issue -- Do people who are born to a life of ease and 

prestige, automatically conferred, 

sometimes simply fall down on doing the basics, because they're so accustomed to having other people do things for them?  Maybe no one taught this kid how to behave because they just assumed he'd turn out great.





----------------------I was done with this guy when I listened to him state that he has been "building a reputation for integrity and character."  Oh, for God's sake.

1.  "Integrity" and "character" are not words you can apply to yourself.  (Well, you "can," but it isn't good form.)  And for him to Not-Know this -- OK, we're back to clueless.  Tone deaf.  And --

2.  When you listen again to that simple sentence, he actually isn't even stating that he "has" integrity and character, he's saying he has been "building a reputation" -- in other words, Trying To Fool Everybody In Washington into believing that he has those attributes.  Dude.



     It goes back to basic social skills which many people who went to public school and work at regular jobs have.  What excuse does this guy have for not possessing Basic Social Skills??!  He appears to be a mediocre intellect, filled with arrogance who is where he is, not because of hard work, intelligence, vision, or even ambition, but because of who he was born to, and having everything handed to him.

     "Hey, Georgetown Prep!  Hey, Yale!  This is not an acceptable outcome!  Time to look at your whole program, and clean some house!"


     Supreme Court justice?  For life??

     I would not hire this person to move snow.



Done.

Next.






-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment