Tuesday, March 12, 2019

armed and packing index cards


"There's nothing wrong with you that can't be cured with a little Prozac and a polo mallet."----------------------------- the break-out line of this movie -- maybe of all Woody Allen's movies of the 1990s....

     During the '90s, there was a governor who acted kind of like how Trump acts now:  sort of outrageous, camera-hog stuff.  




     One cold gray day, riding in a car with some people returning from a graveyard, someone asked me about that governor and I said, "When I listen to him I sometimes think of a line from a recent Woody Allen movie -- There's nothing wrong with him that couldn't be cured with a little Prozac and a polo mallet."


     "How about just the polo mallet?" asked a social acquaintance from the front seat.


     That quick -- and I doubt he had even seen the movie.

          When I got home, I wrote that down on a 3 x 5 index card.

___________________________________________



{Manhattan Murder Mystery}

INT.  Cafeteria - Day

Ted and Helen at their table.

TED
When was that?

HELEN
Before the drama prize.

TED
The drama prize?

HELEN
And -- Mm-hm.

TED
I don't remember the...

HELEN
Remember?  Remember?

TED
What?

HELEN
"Out, out, damn spot?"  The topless "Macbeth"?

TED
Oh, yeah.  Oh, for the fraternity party, yeah, yeah.

HELEN
Yeah.

TED
Topless "Macbeth."  I don't...  How could I forget that?  It's just...

EXT.  New York Street - Day



Larry is at a pay phone -- he picks up the receiver, puts coin in slot, and starts dialing, glancing at a piece of paper he's holding.

LARRY
Hello, Mr. House?  This is Larry Lipton.  I -- I got a -- a package I think you're gonna want.  Of course it's gonna cost you, uh, two hundred thousand dollars in... in small, unmarked bills.  Or -- or... or large marked ones, if... if -- if you want to go that route.





-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment