Tuesday, July 23, 2019

seven words you can't say on TV




     Someone I knew died, and I started thinking about things he said when he was living.

     He once told me he could listen to George Carlin all day.

     (At that time the reason he and I were talking about Mr. Carlin was because it was in the news that the famous stand-up comedian had just died.)   
[2008]


     When we listen to George Carlin on You Tube, people in the Comments say, "He isn't making jokes, he's just telling the truth."

     There's a video:  George Carlin Talks About "Stuff"


     One of the Comments says, "God the word stuff sounds so weird after watching this haha.  It's like it lost all meaning."




..."George Carlin wasn't a comedian, he was a philosopher with a sense of humor."

"George Carlin - undisputed champion of comedy"

"George Carlin is the voice I hear in my head."
---------------- "really? Mine's Morgan Freeman....."
------------------------ "Mine is Keith Richards.  Sounds cool at the beginning, but I really can't understand what he's saying anymore"





"This guy is the best comedian to ever live.  All his jokes are true."

"George Carlin, the Aristotle of the comedy world."

__________________________

     Someone told me yesterday, of our co-worker/friend:  "He's in a better place."


     Maybe he's in heaven, hanging out with George Carlin.



---------------------- George Carlin-You Tube marathon, Now Until Further Notice....

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment