Thursday, July 18, 2019

the real McCoy


     After trump's "go back where you came from" tweets this week, the first image that was conjured up in my mind was -- I want to say something very layered with meaning, from a complex intellectual study on aspects of an historical moment and how it related to geopolitical... (that's what I want to say...) -- but No, all I could think of was:

go on You Tube
type in 
Cleavon Little

titles will rise:
Cleavon Little Blazing Saddles
Cleavon Little all in the family

... Select the All In The Family one
and then select the video titled,
"Archie bunker gets called 100%..."

it's 1 and one half minutes --

it's funny.

I saw it the first time it was on;
I was in junior high, watching this show that was so different from anything else on television .. I was trying to keep up...

When Cleavon Little says, "Aaahhh -- look what we found here...!"

And the audience bursts out laughing after that line, and it's not the punch line!  The punch line comes next!  ...(when the audience starts reading the writers' minds and jumping in...)

...a gen - you - ine, one hundred percent, dyed-in-the-wool

bigg - ott!


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment