Tuesday, October 8, 2019

hold the Stolichnaya


Zelensky


Adam Schiff, congressman from Burbank


reader comment,
New York Times

In my experience there are two types of people in the world.  Given that all of us have suffered, one group does not want to pass the suffering on.  Their motto is "I suffered and I know what it's like; I want to reduce the suffering of others if I can."

Others suffer and their motto is "I suffered, it's your turn now, too bad."  

Their suffering does not result in developing more empathy.

Maybe it actually reduces it.

Sometimes they can show empathy in the particular, say, with a friend, but not in the abstract, for example mustering empathy for children separated from their parents at the border.

We all know both types of people.

We live during a time when we are shocked to see the volume of people in the latter category, as they are finally unmasked.
----------------------------------------




-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment