Wednesday, May 6, 2020

"...and it wails like this!"


Bewitched - I'll Blow You A Kiss In The Wind (+LYRICS) - YouTube


Wherever you are tonight
A feeling tells me that you look out-of-sight
So I'm gonna blow you a kiss in the wind

And when it reaches your lips, my dear
You're gonna smile and feel me oh-so near
So I'm gonna blow you a kiss in the wind...


     Usually singers introduce songs by saying, "And it goes like this," or -- "It goes a little something like this..."

     On Bewitched, Serena introduced her song by announcing, "...And it wails like this!"

Bewitched - Elizabeth Montgomery as Serena - "I'll blow you a kiss ...

     She is a wild rock-and-roller, at least for a minute and a half.


Watching the video on You Tube, I can see some Janis Joplin ("Road block!  Road block!") influence in what Serena's wearing, and Tina Turner ("Rollin' on the river!") influence in both the outfit and the stage moves -- her steps -- she's kind of doing "The Pony"...


A Night With Janis Joplin | Niswonger Performing Arts Center


Rare Photographs of Tina Turner on Stage Taken by Gjon Mili in ...

     "I'll Blow You A Kiss In The Wind" has a sweet melody and tender lyrics, and at the same time, it rocks out....

     Elizabeth Montgomery was not a rock singer, but she did her own singing in this scene, and she did a great job "being" (acting) rock and roll.  You can tell she loves it.


Mona Sammy (1970)


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment