Monday, November 23, 2020

what fresh hell is this

 


Been watching (letting it play on android tablet while doing chores at home) the 2019 film, Drunk Parents.  Netflix. 


I like it.  I think.  But there are parts of the plot I don't understand because I should actually watch it.  A big part of the storytelling in the film medium is visual, as Alfred Hitchcock liked us to remember.


And I only get parts of the visual when I glance at it in passing.  I hear the dialogue and the music.


The music is good.  They only have little bits of music here and there, to flow the story forward, but what they have is good.


This movie is weird, but funny.

Or maybe it's kind of slapdash with too many people contributing stuff, or -- maybe it's brilliant.


Basically, the theme is Be nice and help each other.

Alec Baldwin and Salma Hayek are terrific.  In one scene, she stomps forward, exasperated and desperate, demanding, "Oh! - What fresh hell is this?!" 

     I thought I had heard that phrase before.  Is it in a Shakespeare play?  (Googling it only increased my bewilderment.  Dorothy Parker...?  I guess?)


-30-

     

No comments:

Post a Comment