Wednesday, January 27, 2021

contemplating frontiers

 


Tell me why, I love you like I do,

Tell me who, can stop my heart as much as you,

Tell me all your secrets and I'll tell you most of mine,

They say nobody's perfect but that's really true this time



I don't have the answers,

I don't have a plan,

I'm mad about you, baby

So help me understand



What we do,

You can whisper in my ear,

Where we go,

Who knows what happens after here,


Let's take each other's hands,

As we jump into the final frontier,

I'm mad about you, baby

Yeah, I'm mad about you

________________________________

"Final Frontier" -- written by Paul Reiser and Don Was.

Vocalist:  Andrew Gold

_______________________________

---------------------------------------


in The Washington Post today:

^^  Homeland security bulletin warns Americans about violence by grievance-fueled domestic extremists


reader comment:


Holding Trump accountable for inciting a terrorist attack on the US capital is pretty damn important if you want to continue having a functioning democracy.


This is like a 9-11 moment:  Either Trump is held accountable now, or the MAGA terrorists who are embedded in the GOP will do it again when Trump runs again, or some future Trump-like figure (Hawley, Cruz, etc.) pops up as the new leader of the Republican party in 2024.


It will happen again.  Bet on it.


Republicanism is a violent fascist movement now, and they intend to keep immunizing Republican crimes in hopes that those crimes will be more successful next time around.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment