Monday, December 19, 2022

Laguna Beach

 


Jerry Hall, photographed by Patrick Lichfield


------------------ [excerpt from Jerry Hall:  My life in pictures.  Quadrille - 2010] --------------------------------


Patrick Lichfield


Patrick and his lovely wife Leonora were neighbours of ours on Mustique.  

They were often there at the same time as us, and their children were similar ages to ours, so I knew him first as a friend.    


We'd all get together at people's houses for dinner and games, and Patrick and Leonora were great fun.  He was an extremely well-known photographer, though we only did the occasional job together.  

        One of them was an advertisement for the Mandarin Oriental Hotel chain, which we shot in Laguna Beach, California, with me in a cowboy hat and a white shirt standing in the desert.  

On the day we had to shoot it one of my children was sick and I had to stay in the hotel, so Patrick shot the background and then came and shot me and superimposed the two.  


It was very successful and is still running all these years later.


___________________________


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment