Friday, December 23, 2022

launch-pad

 



        Someone was saying recently that cough drops are just candy and don't help a sore throat or a cough.  I don't feel that way, though.  I think they help.  (And they do taste good...if you have a sore throat, the small pleasure of a good taste can offset the negative thing, the pain....)


I love it when cough drops are called "lozenges."

I don't know why, but I love that word.

LOZZ - enge. ... That soft "g" like in gem, not hard "g" as in gaffe.


        (Politician:  "I surely cannot make a gaffe, as long as I imbibe a lozenge before going up to the microphone."

        British politician:  [same sentence, but with an English accent...])


lozenge

lounge

        "We had a peppermint lozenge at the Peppermint Lounge."


[Wikipedia] -- The Peppermint Lounge was a popular discotheque located at 128 West 45th Street in New York City that was open from 1958 to 1965, although a  new one was opened in 1980.  

It was the launchpad for the global Twist craze in the early 1960s.  

Many claim The Peppermint Lounge was also where go-go dancing originated, although this claim is subject to dispute. ------------------------


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment