Thursday, March 2, 2023

a cool cat

 

Jim Garrison

___________________________________


Remember John Candy?  Uncle Buck, etc.?

He had a cameo role in Oliver Stone's 1991 film, JFK.


You can see it on You Tube.

Type in:

JFK - Dean Andrews Lunch Scene

uploader / channel:  TheStochasticBrother


Kevin Costner as Jim Garrison, District Attorney of Orleans Parish, Louisiana, is trying to get some info from Dean Andrews, portrayed by Candy.


"Why're you dancin' on my head for, my man?" Andrews asks, early in the conversation.


Throughout the interview, this character speaks in what I think can only be called "hep-cat slang" -- popularized by swinging jazz afficionados during the 1940s and 50s.


"They put the heat on my man, just like you're doin' -- I gave 'em anything that popped in my cabeza."


"I don't know what the cat looks like -- and furthermore, I don't know where he's at."


"Is this off the record, daddy-o?"

_______________________________


Compelling, memorable performances, and atmosphere.


Daddy-o.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment