Friday, March 10, 2023

emotions: recognize and organize

 

the Indian Ocean


I went on watching the series about the Malaysian plane disappearance in 2014, and then I got impatient with the pacing of the program.  Talking and talking and talking again, and not giving an answer -- and not saying, "OK, we don't have an answer."


I found myself screaming (silently, inside my head) -- "Come on!  Bottom line, bottom line!"


I turned it off and went to You Tube, typed in Malaysia plane, and got a 10-minute-long video with one guy speaking clearly with no subtitles.  This kind of encapsulated the information that was in the series.

        If I understand correctly, it's about down to two reasonable possibilities:

a pilot who was depressed or frustrated (wife separated from him) decided to fly the plane in a different direction and then down into the Indian Ocean

or

some ion-lithium batteries started a fire and exploded.

_______________________________

--------------------------------------


The pilot-theory:  it kind of related to something I had been thinking about lately.

        Someone who was mean and hostile every once in a while when I was a child growing up -- I used to, of course, think the behavior was "about" me -- that if I could do enough good, and cheer up the person, and make them happy, the little micro-snaps would stop.

        They would stop, for a long while, and I would think, "Great!  Everything is OK now."  But then, later -- another one.  (Damn it! - lol)


        I can see now that such behavior is "about" the person who does it, not the person they're doing it to.


        "Why me?"

        Why -- anyone?

        I suppose people suffering this way "take it out on" whoever they think they can badger with no consequences.  No repercussions.


And I contemplate a bit, the unhappiness and dissatisfaction a person lives with, that makes them act like that.  If they asked my advice, I would say, Do something different!  Find your enthusiasms and pursue them!

        But it seems like many frustrated people somehow become locked in a pattern of just -- feelin' bad, while pretending on the surface to be fine.  Emotionally, they're like a temperamental toddler, pushing, kicking, throwing toys.  Metaphorically.


------------------------ Like the Malaysia pilot -- if it was him -- he didn't have a grudge against the passengers on the plane, he's just mad or sad, and wants to end himself, and just doesn't give a darn about the other people he's hurting.


This realization might apply to a lot of things in life.  Many of us are just collateral damage from someone else's problems and emotional chaos.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment